Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Testimony Thursday

#TestimonyThursday

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is upon me, for the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. 



On January 3 of 2015, I got a call from a prominent politician and he said "Aburo come and be my P.A" I was excited because at that time I was squatting with my brother and my salary at work was nothing. As far as I was concerned this was the big time, God had finally answered my prayers. 

I was quite close to this man, we would ride at the back of his car together and everyone used to wonder who this small boy rolling with oga was. Then he appointed me as director for social media and some people were not happy about it so they went to sabotage me and he took me off that team. I was so sad, everyone around me were making millions, the least person must have made at least 5 million Naira yet all I made was 150k and I had to fight tooth and nail for it. I was so sad I thought something was wrong with me.

There was a day I was so depressed that I came to church on a Monday afternoon just to pray at the altar in COZA and I told God " I want to work for You, You are the only one that will not cheat me or treat me bad" and right there, the Holy Spirit told me, "you will do your own thing, the grace you carry is to spearhead new things not to work for people"

I stood up happy and joyful but I was still believing that this politician would help me with getting an apartment. I remember calling him that sunday about the apartment and he said "can't you see we just lost an election? Apartment ko, apartment ni" and he cut the phone. Wow! During all of the period I was working for him, I would get home around 1am and he had told me earlier "Wale don't worry I will sort you out"

I saw a lot of top politicians at that time and I discovered that God can use anybody. Most of our top politicians in this country are the dumbest, shameless, two faced, greedy and money hungry creatures on the earth.  Coupled with what this man had just done, I suddenly realized that I was smarter than most of these people who were in their 50s and 60s and still didn't have common sense. If they could make it to that height with all of their inadequacies, I knew I would go far!

I deleted the man's number and I faced my life. Few months later, the politician started having problems with EFCC and I realized that God was protecting me all along! If things had gone as planned, I would have been the first person EFCC would arrest and I wouldn't be able to do my business or preach the gospel on social media today because I wouldn't have integrity, my name would have been ruined but God kept me! 

I don't know what disappointment you are facing from people but trust that God is working out something awesome on your behalf. He is a Just God, He will never leave you or forsake you. 

You too can be a social media evangelist. Please share so that others can be blessed as you have been blessed. #ThankYouJesus

2 comments: