Sunday, July 24, 2016

God Put That Desire There

Everyday Yemi would go past a Mercedes dealership and he would stare at the brand new shiny Mercedes cars from the show glass, he had made up his mind to buy two of those shiny Mercedes and nothing would stop him. 

 There was a lot of temptation to settle for less; Yemi is a married man with a daughter and his wife is pregnant for baby number two and she is almost due, their first daughter would also start school in a few months. If there was a pressing need for Yemi it was a car.

Yemi had always lived his life based on the word of God and he had never been disappointed. He was going through his bible one day and he saw Isaiah 60:17a (MSG) I’ll give you only the best—no more hand-me-downs!

Wow! NO MORE HAND ME DOWNS! A Tokunbo car is a hand me down which is another word for used cars. That scripture jumped at Yemi and his faith rose. Yemi was quite well to do and he could afford a Tokunbo Mercedes but he had learnt from experience that whenever he did things based on the money in his pocket and not on the Word, he always shortchanged himself. 

Yemi and his wife held on to that scripture and also to Proverbs 23:18 (KJV) Surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.

Their life was based on the Word and it had never failed them, they were confident that this would not be an exception.  Yemi's wife learnt how to drive, Yemi got his driver's license and all he would need for the car ready and he would wake up at 4 am every morning, he would lay the pictures of the car on the floor and he would sing and dance before God for the manifestation.

Yemi did this consistently for three months and one morning, his phone rang "hello sir, my name is Usman, I got your number off Facebook and I will like to see you" they fixed an appointment and Yemi went to see Usman.


 They exchanged pleasantries and Usman said "Do you want two brand new Mercedes?" Yemi was shocked and he said " Yes! That's what I have been praying for" Usman started laughing " you see I am one of the biggest Mercedes dealers in this country and I have been seeing you in my dreams for the last three months and a voice will tell me to give you the cars but it sounded crazy, how can I give over 30 million naira to someone I don't know but once I have that dream, I won't be able to sleep back, I have struggled with it for the past 3 months but I have come to realize it's a small price to pay for my peace of mind. I want you to know that the God you are serving loves you so much". 

He brought out two keys from his pocket and he handed them to Yemi. Yemi was dumbfounded, all he could say was "Thank You Jesus"

Beloved I don't know what that strong desire in your heart is, it could be to quit your job and start your business, it could be to build your own house, present that desire to God because He is the One who put it there, the bible says in Philippians 2:13 (NLT) For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.

God put that desire there and if you trust Him, He will bring it to pass, God's desire for you will sound crazy and unrealistic to everyone around you but hold on to God's word and there will be a performance, the Word will become flesh! 


#ThankYouJesus

#Thank #you for reading, I love you! Please make sure you share and repost this Gospel of Jesus Christ so that others can be blessed just like you have been blessed. Follow @walejana on Twitter and Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment