Thursday, July 14, 2016

Depression Respects Praise

"Oga don start to de misbehave abeg where is that shepherd boy called David"

David was called to the palace and as he began to play the harp, suddenly King Saul became very still, David was singing Psalm 23 on the harp, by the time he was done, King Saul was smiling. He looked at David and said "young man, I don't know how you do it but the hand of Jehovah is on you".

I am talking to depressed people this morning. You see the devil has really gotten you in a corner and by the grace of God I will change your perspective this morning so that you will begin to see yourself how God sees you.

If I were to ask you to define depression, you would give me lots of medical terms and dictionary definitions but depression is simply FOCUSING ON THE BAD THINGS IN YOUR LIFE AND IGNORING THE GOOD!

Depression has to do with emotions which has to do with the way that person is thinking. I remember the late Michael Jackson's interview with Oprah Winfrey; he was in his $400m Neverland Castle and all he could talk about was how his dad beat him as a kid and how sad his life was, the only time he was truly happy was when he was on the stage.

Depression is no respecter of persons but it respects the Spirit of God! Depression is a demonic spirit, it is called the spirit of heaviness. The bible tells us in Isaiah 61:3 that God will give us the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.

Depression respects praise because the devil is a proud spirit, it cannot stand where God is being exalted and worshiped. I don't know what thoughts the devil is bringing to your mind that's changing your mood. Get gospel music and just sing before God.

Picture yourself like a child sitting on the laps of the Most High God and you telling Him your worries. Depression will flee! Focus only on the good things in your life, ignore the bad because what you focus on will eventually become your focus. May God help us all in Jesus name.


If you have not given your life to Jesus say after me " Dear Jesus, I come to You today, I believe You died    on the cross and on the 3rd day You rose from the dead and You are now seated at the right hand of the Father. I accept You as my Lord and Savior and I ask that You will dwell in me from now on.

If you said this prayer, congrats! πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ You have just become born again, please find a bible believing church you can start attending and if you are in Abuja, Ilorin or Lagos, join me at the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly or call me on 08178347035 for details. God bless you!  #ThankYouJesus

No comments:

Post a Comment