Thursday, March 31, 2016

When Your Candles Goes "Phew"




A few weeks ago, I was invited by a school mate of mine to a get together; it was a little reunion of many of us who attended high school together, everyone was doing well; there were doctors, bankers, business owners. All of us were young and upwardly mobile and we were just reminiscing about high school when suddenly the conversation switched to pastors and seed sowing. 

A reference was particularly made to a service I attended where a senior and revered man of God, one of the most trusted voices on planet earth called for a seed and I was one of the people who was favored by God to  obey and sowed that seed. I can't begin to quantify the blessings that seed brought to my life. Furthermore, this man of God simply spoke a word over me on Twitter 3 years ago and my life has not remained the same. This was the same man these people were ridiculing?!  I cut everyone short in the middle of their sentences and shared my experience with them. 


Some were convinced while some began to challenge the authenticity of the bible amongst many other things. I was shocked! I had no idea that people like that existed, I grew up with this people! That was the moment it dawned on me that I had changed. Wow! These were learned people but they were intellectual barbarians. 

So when Pastor Biodun began to talk about the candle in people going "phew" I could really relate. Ladies and gentlemen, the truth is in 1 Corinthians 2:14 (ESV) The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.




So the next time, people around you start arguing about pastors,tithe, the bible, sex before marriage (you know the touchy subjects) don't argue, just pray for them because their candle has gone "phew"

No comments:

Post a Comment