Monday, November 2, 2015

Should a Christian Take Alcohol?


"Aburo how are you? It's so good to see you, have a seat, what would you like to drink? I have Hennessy, Champagne, Red wine, Orijin, whatever you want!" James smiled and said "I would prefer a bottle of malt or juice sir". "Oh you think it's wrong for Christians to drink abi, you know very well I am a deacon in my church and the bible said in 1 Corinthians 8;13 (NLT) So if what I eat causes another believer to sin, I will never eat meat again as long as I live--for I don't want to cause another believer to stumble.
"I know you are a well grounded Christian and my drinking Hennessy in your presence will not cause you to sin so aburo, I will down this VSOP while you sip nicely on your juice"
Many Christians from time to time waiver in their opinion on the subject of alcohol, should a Christian drink alcohol or not? Why did Jesus turn water into wine if we should not drink? So many questions!
I do not have all the answers but this is my answer to this question and it is found in Proverbs 31:4 (ERV) Lemuel, it is not wise for kings to drink wine. It is not wise for rulers to want beer.
The bible says it is not WISE! Anything that's not wise is FOOLISH. If you read further, the bible says it is not for KINGS. A king or a ruler is any man that dominates a particular field either in business, politics, sports and so on. In other words, it is not for men of quality to drink wine and beer! If you are a man of quality and a man of wisdom you will stay away from alcohol.
Your love for alcohol already tells a lot about the value you place on yourself and the calibre of person you are. Are you a king? Are you a man of quality? Are you a ruler? Then you will stay away from the booze. Whenever you are tempted, tell yourself "I am a king, kings don't drink wine or beer"!
May God help us all in Jesus name.
My 20 year dream is to see the Gospel preached to a billion people through the social media. You too can be a social media evangelist, kindly share and repost this Gospel of Jesus Christ so that others can be blessed just like you have been blessed. Thank you for reading. Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment