Friday, September 18, 2015

I Testify (Part 1)




The Holy Spirit inspired me to share 7 testimonies of His goodness in my life everyday for the next 7 days. I believe many people will be blessed by them.
As is the custom when you want to get married, there will be an introduction ceremony. Our introduction was in Lagos, that's where my father in law lives and my mum and uncle were coming from Ekiti State while I was in Benin, Edo State. I had a budget of how much I felt I would spend but beforeI knew it, I suddenly realised I would need an extra 40,000 Naira. It was not a lot of money but the timing was crucial and money was scarce.
Some people had promised to send me money but it was not forthcoming and I couldn't even think of how to raise the money. I decided to do what I knew how to do best when I was in trouble and I began to worship God. I can't remember how long I worshiped but I was so enraptured in the presence of God, most of my colleagues were not at the office on that day so I could sing a little bit louder than I could do if it was a full office. I also remember that it was 'Dance with me Lover of my Soul' by Jesus Culture playing when suddenly I heard 'pom' on my phone. I looked and it was a bank alert! Oh Jesus! The name of the sender was not familiar at all!
I quickly rushed to the GT Bank that was opposite my office and hastily withdrew the money just in case they made a mistake. My heart was so full of gratitude, God had met me yet again at the point of my needs, at quarter to shame, He had showed up for me!
Three days later, one of my uncles based in Germany called me and asked if I got the money he sent to me. He had asked someone to do a transfer on his behalf which was why I didn't recognise the name.
I just want to encourage someone this morning, if you will focus on God, He will stir the hearts of men from anywhere in the world to favour you! We serve a faithful God who will never abandon His own or let you be put to shame. Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment