Thursday, August 27, 2015

Make Someone's Dream Come True




"Good morning oga, how body? Thank you oh, may God continue to bless you, go well".
This was the usual exchange between Idris a civil servant and a beggar who was a mother of twins every morning. Idris would usually give her whatever change he could find on his way to work.
Then one day, Idris thought to himself and decided to change the woman's status, he would do whatever needed to be done so that the woman would stop begging on the streets. After she interviewed the woman, she told him she was very good at frying akara (roasted bean balls). Idris gave her the necessary capital and she began the business.
The woman who was a former beggar now became the number one caterer in the community, she was so good at frying the akara that people came from far and near to patronise her.
Idris was about to close from work when he was told that he had been summoned by the minister. Idris did not know what to expect. As he stepped in, the minister stood up and said "congratulations, I have been observing you for a while, you are now a director, normally it should take you 5 years to become a director but I need you close to me". Idris could not believe his ears; at just 32 years old, he was the youngest director in the civil service, he had made history.
Idris changed the status of a beggar to a business woman and God changed his status from just a civil servant to a director.
The bible says in Proverbs 11:25 (NLT) The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.
I am convinced that this is one of the most powerful scriptures in the Bible. In other words, God is saying that you should do to others what you want to see in your life! So if I was single and I wanted to get married, I would make sure I support anyone I know around me getting married financially and in every way possible.
If I needed to build my own house and I knew someone that needed a house to live, I would let the person stay in my house for free or pay the person's rent.
If I had a huge debt that I could not pay off, I would visit the hospital and find out about patients who were not able to clear their debts and pay it off!
God says when you make the effort to make the lives of others better, He will be personally responsible to make your life better! So after making someone's dream come true, you can look up to God and say "I trust you for my harvest,I have refreshed others, refresh me!" then watch what God will do!
Go out today and be sensitive to the problems of people around you and solve them. That's the way to move forward in the Kingdom. God bless you.
You too can be a Social Media Evangelist, share and repost the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that others can be blessed just like you were blessed. Thank you for reading, I celebrate you. Follow @walejana on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment