Monday, June 29, 2015

Loretta & Niyi: When Angels Fall in Love



Loretta and Niyi remind me of Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor; beautiful, powerful, stylish, classy yet very down to earth and simple. The first thing that catches your attention about Loretta is her beauty then her simplicity and as you get to know her more; her spirituality shines forth. She is such a complete woman; a Proverbs 31 Woman, a Daughter of Zion.

 Niyi on the other hand is a gentleman to the core; there is no pretense or faking it in this dude, what you see is what you get and above all, he has such a beautiful heart. Everyone is drawn to Niyi; he has been that way since primary school. I celebrate you both and I pray that God will continue to bless and keep you.

Enjoy their pre wedding pictures and story...










Loretta's Story


In my opinion, three years is a long time to get to know someone. Somehow Niyi made it seem a lot shorter. I met him towards the end of Uni and at a point when I had no plans to be in a relationship. My focus then was getting a degree and moving on to greater heights. BUT! We happened and everything in me felt at peace with him. Also being the spiritual type, I was more than certain he was the one.
A friend of mine and now one of my bridesmaids, Doreen Mufadzi, who happens to be the friend Niyi and I had in common, put up my picture on my birthday in 2012. Little did I know that the picture had earned me a secret admirer in Niyi. We soon became good friends and spent a lot of time sharing and debating our views on a wide variety of topics and life in general.
Fast forward 2 months, we planned our first official date in January of 2013. We agreed to meet up at Euston station while I was on my way from Manchester to spend the weekend with a friend and now bridesmaid, Susan Omeiza. Ever the gentleman, Niyi after dinner offered to drive me all the way to her house in shooters Hill as he didn’t feel comfortable with me taking the public transport on a snowy and cold wintery evening. I was intrigued by the gesture and obliged to his request…

From that moment things naturally progressed and Niyi has since been a source of encouragement and motivation. I choose to spend the rest of my life with no other person than the man that understands and compliments me. Surprisingly, he stated his intentions in the early stages of our friendship. Let's just say that he knew what he wanted, found it and likewise. It's been over two years of learning about each other, learning to sacrifice for one another, learning to love the right way and above all learning to put God first together. May I add that the learning is a never ending process but our unity lies in the fact that life is a lot more bearable when you find someone that shares in your joy and pain, sees you for who you truly are at your best and worst and makes a decision to stand by you through it all and beyond. In him I found the qualities I needed.
Niyi's Story



When I saw her for the 1st time, I kind of said to myself Whao! Who’s that cute young thing! At first I wanted a friend we had in common to play cupid but then I thought naa… I can do this! We randomly started chatting and I instantly found myself captivated by her innocence. I went and stalked her social‎ media platforms and I saw pictures of her and a guy whom I at the time thought was her boyfriend and I was like ouch…with that sinking feeling hard on my knees… in my mind I was like “that was over before it started!”
..A short while later we randomly got chatting again and I asked “so how’s your boyfriend? The fine yellow paw paw I saw in one of the pics in your profile” Naturally with everything crossable in my anatomy crossed, hoping she’d say “oh he’s just a friend”. I got my Eureka moment as he thankfully turned out to be her only brother.
I straightaway told her that I will be the guy that’ll marry her. The statement was made with a combination of hope and a little bit of fear. Hope because I really wanted it to be so and fear because that could really be the initiator of my ‘best before’ stamp! Something in me was convinced though. That inner voice said “she really might be the one”. As the inner voice grew louder I had to dig deeper; what type of friends she hung with? Who were her biggest influences? What was her mother like? Naturally by that point, her beauty had already captured my imagination but the more I got the answers the more I got to know her and the more I got to know her, the easier it was for her personality to capture my heart!
This girl doesn’t just have a beautiful face... she has a beautiful heart too!
All this while, I had been away but immediately I returned, I scheduled our 1st date. Booked a table at a decent Chinese restaurant and drove to Euston in anticipation. There she was, just arrived from Manchester in all her glory #TheMissingRib. Haven spent a splendid afternoon wining, dining and chatting away, the chemistry was obvious and more importantly I quickly established that her comfort around me was her way of sewing a seed of trust in me. Loving and respecting her was the easiest part and if the last three years is to go by, we’re in for an exciting marriage!
May God continue to bless our union and may honor never depart from our relationship. AMEN



No comments:

Post a Comment